Click here to request additional info about this product
Automatic Throttle System AutoPower®
- Bombardier Challenger 604/605
- Bombardier Challenger 850/CRJ 200
- Cessna Citation X
- Gulfstream G150
- Gulfstream G200
- Hawker 800 Series
- Nextant 400XTi
- Nextant 604XT
- USAF Boeing 707
The Fourth Dimension
On the most fundamental level, flying is about controlling three axis: pitch, yaw, and roll. However, in today’s dynamic cockpit environment, there is a fourth axis to control…speed. The mission of AutoPower®, the Automatic Throttle System (ATS) from Safe Flight Instrument, LLC is the precise management and control of speed during cruise, approach, descent, and landing.
Precise Speed Control
AutoPower® is an automatic throttle system designed to provide smooth speed management with precise engine target setting and airspeed control. It delivers accurate speed control, increased situational awareness, reduced crew workload, greater passenger comfort, quieter cabin environment, and increased payload/range.
AutoPower® manages the aircraft’s thrust levers, keeping the pilot constantly in the loop. When the system changes speed, the thrust levers move. If you need to override the throttles, it never takes more force than when moving the throttles in manual mode. Flight crew transition to AutoPower® operation is intuitive. The system integrates seamlessly with the AFCS vertical modes while automatically capturing the selected speed or Mach number. It provides smooth, precise, and stable speed captures without “hunting”.
- Precise IAS and Mach Speed Management.
- Smooth, Pilot-in-the-Loop, Thrust Lever Control.
- Reduced Crew Workload
- Speed Control for Cruise, Descent, Approach and Landing.
- Automatic Thrust Lever Adjustment to Compensate for Fuel Burn in cruise.
- Enhanced Flight Safety
- Situational Awareness Improvement.
- Stabilized Descent, Approach, and Landing.
- AoA Referenced Minimum Speed Protection.
- Fuel Savings
- Extended Range.
- Increased Passenger/Payload.
- Required Time of Arrival
- RTA Speed Management.
- Precise speed control.
- Servo thrust lever positioning for optimized profile performance and reduced crew workload.
- Intuitive operation – fully integrated with existing avionics displays/controls.
- AoA Referenced speed protection.
- Safe Flight’s automatic throttle systems have been installed in over nine thousand commercial, corporate, and military aircraft.
Perfecting Flight Performance
In the dynamic world of high-performance aviation, Safe Flight has pioneered significant performance and safety innovations. In addition to automatic throttles, Safe Flight developed stall warning and Angle of Attack systems, wind shear warning, and other pioneering safety of flight and performance systems. With installations on a wide range of airline, military, corporate, and general aviation platforms, two-thirds of the world’s aircraft are Safe Flight equipped.